Saturday, March 3, 2012

Post Surgery update

What a great after surgery face!
Well... I had the surgery. Right now my chest is so bandaged it looks like I still have little A cup boobs, but I know its just bandages. I have been walking around, lifting my arms as much as I can and trying to keep mobile. Surprisingly, I feel good. I mean really good. Like happy and contented kind of good. It could just be the drugs, but I think it is more the relief that the worst part is over with.

I don't find out till Monday exactly how well the surgery went, because that's when we get the results on the nodes she removed, but she said she left enough skin that if we need to go back in and get more, we can. But the surgeon seemed optimistic, and I take that as a good sign.

For me, I am just happy. And you know what? It's been a while since I have been this happy, so I will enjoy it while I can. It's a rainy day, but I am enjoying it because I am here and alive and I can feel the breeze on my head. Happiness is small things, like coffee in the morning. Or friends who text and call and visit bearing big stuffed flowers (Thank you Paula!). See.... my world is full of blessings. For everyone reading me... I love you!

1 comment:

  1. So happy to hear that you are home and happy. Thinking of you and praying for you daily.

    ReplyDelete