Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Saying good bye to The Girls

I remember when you first appeared in my world. So small... so delicate. But I knew you would grow. Like all females of our species, I noticed others and compared how you grew. Sometimes I was jealous that others the same age seemed so much more mature than you. Sometimes I dolled you up, dressed you in your best to be presented to the world, even if you may not have been comfortable in that particular outfit. I have to say... you did me proud. The admiring looks from others when they saw you in your lace, your frills, or sometimes when I let you just do your own thing and be completely unrestrained.

As you and I got older, you changed. You were not quite as perky as you used to be, but you were still beautiful. Sometimes you caused me pain. Sometimes I cursed at you, and I am sorry for that. At times, I wish we could go back to when you were little, when you were more under control. Every morning I see you and I never really think about what life would be like without you. And yet, here we are... about to go our separate ways. People tell me that I will get over it. That I can always replace you. But it wouldn't be the same. So tonight, for the last time I will say goodnight.

I will miss you...

3 comments:

  1. beautiful breasts go to heaven too....a heaven free from underwire and nylon.
    stevo and I are lighting candles for you tonight, sending white love your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're a great writer, Dawyn. Prayers for you today and everyday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully expressed in love & loss! I admire your strength & send you hugs to help heal your heart & move forward! Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete