Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Future project ideas

Michele and I talked a lot on the trip. You do that when the drive is hours of not really exciting scenery and the radio is picking up nothing but static and weird talk radio. One of the things we talked about is our house. See... she doesn't know what she is going to do with it when I am gone. She said she doesn't think she can bear to be in a house that size without me, but she also can't stand the thought of not being surrounded by my preference for Crayola colors in every room. So I came up with an idea.

I still have cans of the paint for every room. I am going to get some canvas from the store and paint a square the color of the room it belongs to. Then, because each room has a purpose or theme ( Like my orange library is really autumn themed) I will add elements to the squares to represent each room, things like small frames in the yellow picture hallway, or coffee related art in the dining room, or eating related things in the kitchen. That way, she can always take the house with her.

Then I thought about how to best help Ryan cope. So, he and I are going to make a memory album. I will take a picture from something we did as he grew up and write what I remember, and he will do the same so each picture will have a story for him to share when he has kids of his own. We already talked about some of the stories and pictures we plan to use.

Any other great ideas out there?

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love these ideas. The canvas for each room is absolutely genius!!

    My grandma (who you know also has cancer) recorded one of those Hallmark Books for Avery so when she is no longer here, Avery can still hear her voice reading to her.

    Need me to take you craft shopping one day?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did that for my mom. I gave her a storybook and a talking frame. We just need to set a crafting date at some point when you get your staff all settled.

      Delete