Monday, March 4, 2013

Lazy day...

Do you know, this is the first vacation I have taken in ages where I just did nothing? No putting in floors. No new windows. No traveling. No yard work. Nothing but getting up when I want to, staying in my jammies all day if I feel like it, reading until my eyes hurt and snuggling my animals. Wow!  I forgot what being lazy was like. Let me tell you... it's exhausting.

Right now, the sun is out. It's a beautiful day, and yet here I am at 1 in the afternoon, still in my jammies. I ate some bagels for breakfast at 8am and read a whole novel before noon. Part of me wants to go outside and be productive, but I only have today and tomorrow left to be lazy and I don't want to waste that precious time doing anything that resembles work. I did do some arts and crafts yesterday. And Friday I went to the doctor. Oh yeah... Saturday I went with Michele and did some pictures, which were awfully durn cute. But for once, I think I am going to try to embrace laziness. I mean, other people do it all the time, so why shouldn't I? Of course... I do need to do the dishes. And sweep the floor. And make the bed up with some clean sheets. and.... WAIT A Minute!!! I think all that classifies as work. You know, this laziness thing is hard.

This makes me a bit concerned, naturally. At some point in the future, I will have no choice but to be lazy. My health will demand it. I have no idea how I am going to handle that. I can't even be completely lazy on my vacation. I wonder if there is a class out there to teach you to be lazy. Teenagers do it all the time, so it can't be that hard. But knowing me, I will be fighting to do anything. I mean, when I had my surgery, I was doing housework long before I was supposed to. There I was, bandages and bulbs and stitches, trying to move furniture to clean behind it. ( I really need to sweep under the bed, come to think of it) No! Stop!... You will Not do any housework today. You will sit in bed, eat some chocolate cadbury eggs and read. ( but the sheets need to be changed first... I can't stand yucky sheets) No!  Sheet changing is housework. (But) No Buts!  We are going to be lazy darn it! (Sigh.... does organizing the craft room count as work?) Well... you like doing it... so maybe not. ( I like clean sheets...) Geez... I give up. I'm going to get dressed, go outside and throw some tree branches over the fence.

No comments:

Post a Comment