Sunday, July 8, 2012

Life goes on...

Well, we are now about a month away from the wedding and I am doing what I can to make it as budget a wedding as possible and still have it be pretty and memorable. It's amazing what you can get at the dollar store and then fix up into something cute. I have to say, it is nice to think about something not cancer related for once.

Of course, I guess you can say that in a round-about way I do think about it all the time. I mean, while we were planning the ceremony, we purposely avoided anything that was too sentimental. I decided that we have had too much seriousness in the past year. There will be no sappy music, no mention of til death do us part (because that is just a little too close to home still), and definitely nothing that is going to make me cry. I have had enough of tears for the time being. What I want is a day to celebrate life and love and family and friends. In fact, lately I have tried to have a lot more time to enjoy all of those things.

Recently, we went out to our very first martini tasting. It was awesome!  We got to see friends we hadn't seen in a while, ate good food, got tipsy and then danced for the first time in ages. We went to a drive in movie with another couple a few weeks before that. Again... we ate good food, snuggled, laughed and had a great time. We went out to dinner at Sticky Fingers (some of the best darn ribs EVER!) with our friend Christina... laughed, had good food (I think that may be a thing with me... I love food) and enjoyed each others company. Life is going on...

That is a thing to think about... Life going on. Once again I am nothing but thankful that life continues, that I have wonderful friends who are as excited to spend time with me as I am with them. And while it may be in the back of all of our minds to wonder how long do we have, or how many more nights together will there be...we don't discuss it. However, I think we treasure each experience more because for once we realize there is a time limit that no one but God knows. I just wish I had known this sooner. I would have eaten more.

No comments:

Post a Comment