Monday, November 12, 2012

Thirty days of Thankfulness

Gosh... I missed this!  Thanks again Chemo Brain.

So the thought is to catalog things you are thankful for every day. Today is the 11th, so I am a bit behind. Here goes eleven days worth of thanks:

  1. My Wife. How I got so lucky to have met the most wonderful, caring woman is beyond me. She supports me in all that I do, she loves me even when I know I am being unlovable, and she is always there to comfort me when I am feeling less than sunshiney.
  2. My Mom. Now this is a woman who inspires! She has always done a man's work with a strong woman's body. She loves unconditionally, puts others first and is strong in the face of adversity.
  3. My Daddy. Not many men can be the best daddy in the world, but mine is. How many real men can raise another man's child and love her as if she were his own? I never had a doubt in my whole life that my daddy loved me. Even now, I know that he loves me and is proud of me.
  4. My animals. What would life be without furry faces?
  5. My goofy son. No.... I didn't forget you. How can I forget the boy who calls at 9pm on a saturday to get a banana bread recipe?
  6. My extended family. Even though you are all over the place, you are all still with me every minute of every day.
  7. My job. As much as I would rather be on vacation having fun, I learned that when I am stuck at home, I miss that place.
  8. My health. May I have more of it.
  9. My Oncologist. That little woman works nonstop to save lives!
  10. My surgeon. Thank you for getting rid of that big yuck and for leaving such pretty stitches in it's place.
  11. My Uncle Mel. A Vietnam vet who left us too soon.

1 comment:

  1. So many amazing things in this world to be thankful for and your reasons are beautiful!! I have not made my list yet but just so you know I am thankful to be so lucky to have you as part of my family <3 Kim

    ReplyDelete