Sunday, November 11, 2012

Quick update

Quick update.... Things are going well. I have started my Lymphadema therapy. My arm has been bandaged so heavily that it looks like a cast. It interferes with everything I do. But, the swelling in my arm is going down, so I suppose it is doing what it's supposed to do. Tykerb is treating me well. So far no bizarre side effects aside from the constant burping.  I am doing my best to get ready for the holidays.

Today I went shopping all by myself. I bought some clothes for my youngest niece, as well as a whole bunch of dress-up accessories. I got tutus, princess wands, crowns, fairy wings, two whole pirate sets, an FBI set, a construction hat, a police hat, a SWAT hat, two cowboy hats and an apron. My thought is that she should have a whole array of outfits to be whatever she wants to be, whether it's the fairy chef, a pirate who does construction, the Old West FBI agent or anything she can imagine. I got two of many things because her Auntie Michele will be playing dress up whether she likes it or not. I even got mustaches, silly glasses, clown noses and assorted jewelry. I hope to feed her imagination as much as I can. Now I am busy with getting all the Christmas organized.

I stopped by PetsMart today to get Cleo some aspirin and had a long conversation with the TriCounty Animal group. They have two cats who need foster homes- not permanent homes- just a foster arrangement. See, these two cats are not very adoptable because they are skittish. One is an eight year old Maine Coone Male who was seized in a breeder raid. The breeder had cats who were kept in cages and never allowed out. He is beautifu and was okay with me petting him, but didn't want to be picked up. The other was a female from an abusive home. She immediately was all over me. She is scared of noise, other cats, and fast movements. They want to find someone patient who can rehab these cats. They are mostly concerned about the male. Twice he has been almost adopted, but the age stopped one adoption, and his "angry" face stopped the other. I told them I would think about it. About one of them, at least.  I hate to see an eight year old cat sitting there for over a year with no hope of adoption simply because he has never had the chance to be socialized.

So... that's my week. I hope yours was much more entertaining.

No comments:

Post a Comment