Monday, December 17, 2012

Time heals all wounds (and fades all scars)... Updated Mastectomy Photos

 Well, It's been a while since we last visited the world of Mastectomy scars, so I thought now would be a good time to have an update on what they look like. Remember, in February I had both breasts removed, then in March I had my little accident with the heating pad. Things are looking better...




 Here we are with a full frontal view. The really puckered area is the cancerous breast. The smoother side is where the non- cancerous breast was. Above that is my port which is still being used for my chemotherapy. The puffiness under my arm and under the scars is a result of Lymphadema due to the removal of so many lymph nodes.
 This is the non cancerous breast area. The scar is straight and fading away to white.
 This is the cancerous breast area with the HUGE scar under my arm from the heating pad incident (Note to anyone who is undergoing surgery... DO NOT fall asleep with a heating pad!)  Both scars are looking much better.
 This is what my chest looks like. I am so used to seeing my chest without breasts or nipples I have forgotten what it used to look like. I have considered having a tattoo done on my chest, but because IBC is in the skin, I need to be able to monitor the color and condition of my skin at all times.
 This is my new curly hair. It's kinda pretty, but is a bit unruly.  To think that in February I was still bald! Look at it now!

No comments:

Post a Comment