Friday, December 28, 2012

I'm Gonna...

Ahhhh.... Big sigh.... Christmas in retail is finally over. I have made it through another full retail year and have not killed anyone, not even the lady who pitched a full fledged, toddler style, in your face tantrum because my pregnant assistant manager told her to "Have a nice Day, Ma'am."  ( Seriously... When you are twice the age of someone in the South... Expect to be called Ma'am or Sir... We call that manners)

So the new year is almost on us. I have been thinking about the whole resolution thing, and decided that I am not good at resolutions. I mean, unless it's something like "In the new year, I promise that I will change my mind frequently, get irritated at nothing sometimes and take at least one bath a month." Those are some resolutions I can keep. But as for big changes... I don't really know what I would change, or why. Mostly we make resolutions to change bad habits, or to improve our selves. But I would like to make some different resolutions. I think I'll call them the I'm Gonna List.

This Year I am gonna:
  1. Throw a baseball. I may not hit anything that I meant to hit, but by Golly I am going to throw one!
  2. Attempt to hit a ball with a bat. A baseball, a basketball, a soccer ball.... a Beach ball... something. I am using a bat to hit a ball and I will make it move!
  3. Give flowers to a stranger.
  4. Dance in public to something on the in store radio.
  5. Sing loudly and most likely off key at least once a week someplace other than home or work.
  6. Take more walks.
  7. Use more crayons.
  8. Eat more desserts.
  9. Play in my yard. (No... not work in the yard... PLAY in the yard. I will mow in circles, rake up leaves in piles to jump in and probably play in the dirt.)
  10. Laugh at least once a day until my stomach hurts.
That is a list of resolutions I think I can keep.


No comments:

Post a Comment