Sunday, January 13, 2013

And the side effects start...

Five doses into the Tykerb/Xeloda combo and side effects are starting already. Today started out so good too... I got up, took my first batch of meds, waited an hour, ate some oatmeal, took the second round, played with the dog some. Then Michele and I cleaned up the front room. That was fun. We rearranged furniture, separated out the trash from the donations (Goodwill and I are seeing a great deal of each other these days) and finally found the pattern to my cross-stitch work that I had been looking for. Next was a short nap and dinner. Of course it was too good to be true... an hour after the third medication dose, my tummy turned wonky. I tried to ignore it, but when a burp almost became a repeat of dinner, I knew it was time. My darling wife went to the store and brought back sherbet, ginger ale and other tummy settlers.
The funny part... here I am getting mad at myself because I was sick. Yep, I was being a pansy. No, not .really... but I did feel like I was a pansy. I mean really... it's only been 2 1/2 days. I can't seriously be sick already. But apparently I can.

Which leads me to today's thought.  Don't be so hard on yourself. No one expects you to be perfect... except maybe you.

No comments:

Post a Comment