Thursday, August 23, 2012

My dog is a pansy


A real short post here....

I am ashamed to admit it, but my Stafford-shire Terrier mix is a pansy.

Our friend Deborah was dog sitting while we were gone. Buddy and Cleo were just happy to see people. Boston.... not so much. He growled! He refused to come out of his crate to go outside! He tucked his tail and whimpered and shivered and acted pitiful. She had to call me so I could talk to him on speaker phone to get him to go outside to pee. Obviously, we were not about to try bringing him in while we were gone, because he was being unpredictable. So he had to stay outside the rest of the week we were gone. Don't feel bad for him... Deborah played his version of ball with him, and he let her actually touch the toy a couple of time, which for him is a big deal. And he also got lots of treats.

My theory is that they own cats, but no dogs and he is scared of cats (see... I told you he was a pansy). So, he thought they were BIG CATS. Or, it could just be that he is rotten spoiled and listens to no one except me because I am the momma.

Either way... Deborah went above and beyond the call of duty dealing with my crew and I owe her big time! Technically, we hired her daughter... but big dogs need big people. However... if anyone needs an awesome cat sitter... I think that her daughter could start a great on the side business. When we got home, our dog Buddy could have cared less... he was looking for that kid who gives him cookies.

I love you Deborah!

No comments:

Post a Comment