Saturday, April 7, 2012

Very Quick update...

Well, Avid Readers.... I am sorry I have been a little behind this week, but my sister came to visit, and as much as I enjoy pouring out my thoughts here, it's more fun pouring out my thoughts to my sister. Of course there was the usual joy of doctor visits, but all in all, it was an awesome week.

The radiation doctor sent me for a PET scan, which must have come back fairly okay, because he seemed optimistic when I saw him. We didn't talk much because they were actually just getting me lined up for my new tattoos. No... not like fun tattoos... but marks for where I will be radiated for the next 6 and 1/2 weeks. Yep... he added an extra 4 days for some reason. As soon as I get my groovy new tattoos, I'll post some pictures. I hope they aren't as big as the sharpie marks they put all over me when they mapped me, but if they are, I will just have a contest to design me a tattoo to incorporate the marks into something that looks less like a dart board.

My Bulb came out finally. God bless my sister who went with me for that visit. I don't know if I squeezed her hand off or not, but after two xanax and an oxycodone, I really didn't know a whole lot of anything.

I had my first BEER since last year!!! Oh... Beer... how I missed you!

I did real yard work today... I weeded a flower bed and raked up under my trees. Of course now I have these piles of waste all over the yard, but for my first day being semi normal, I think I did pretty darn good.

That was my brief update. I will get in depth tomorrow. For now, I am going to go take a BATH. Yep... a whole body immersion bath. I have a gothic romance novel, some ice cream and my bath pillow. I fully intend to be there for the next couple of hours, so don't wait up.

No comments:

Post a Comment